Activity Holiday Diving
Dive Code - PADI diving courses at Kalogria beach in Stoupa, Mani, Peloponnese, Greece
Learn to dive in the clear, calm, current-free water of Kalogria beach, one of the most sheltered bays of the Mani Peninsula.
Open Water students on their final dive.
The ‘DIVE-CODE’ premises completed in 2014 include:
|Inspected by Bureau Veritas, the 'Dive Code' team offer PADI courses and continuing education up to Master Scuba Diver or Divemaster level. Our priority is to provide experiences which are both safe and uniquely memorable.||
We offer guided dives exploring the area and also a weekly trip in liaison with Rota 11 to dive and snorkel at Limeni.
In addition 'Dive Code' will rent out equipment to suitably qualified divers and from 2015 we will offer a range of dive equipment for sale.
'Dive Code' is owned by the Exarchouleas family based in Kalogria, Stoupa in the Lefktron municipality of Messinia, Greece.
Engine of WWII British Plane - Limeni
The family also own a Taverna and Apartments which can be offered with the services provided by the Dive Centre as a complete diving holiday package.
The Mediterranean coast is distinguished by topographically interesting sites; sand bottom with sea grass, rocky reefs, bridges, walls and overhangs/caverns. The immediate area is characterized by fresh/sweet water springs which emerge from underground caverns into the sea-floor.
Fresh water spring
|Having experience of diving in Egypt, Thailand, Myanmar, Cyprus and Qatar we can suggest great places to dive and 'Dive Code' will offer an organized trip each year to experience coral reefs at their best.|
Information of Instructional Courses and Price list
(We will teach in Greek and English. We have materials in Dutch, German, Norwegian, French and some in Greek.)
- PADI Bubblemaker Programme
- An introduction to underwater activity for children 8 & 10 years with a maximum depth of 2m. This is only conducted in a pool with the signed consent of the parents/ guardian by a qualified Asst. Instructor. The 'Bubblemaker' learns how to use the equipment, equalize ears, clear a mask and regulator and breathe correctly underwater in water shallow enough to stand up in followed by a brief swim underwater. 70 Euro includes: equipment and pool hire, individual tuition and a Bubblemaker certificate.
- PADI Discover Scuba Diver (minimum age 10 years)
- Find out what it feels like to breathe and move underwater. This programme will introduce basic safety guidelines and the skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. You will become familiar with scuba equipment and practice some of the techniques that novice divers learn in the Open Water Diver course. There is a booklet to help you to make the most of the dive experience. Many people continue to a 2nd dive with the option of diving to a depth of 12m. On completion of the skills both dives may count as the first dives in the PADI Open Water course. The cost is 60 Euro for 1 dive, 100 Euro for 2 dives.
- PADI Open Water Diver
- On completion you will be qualified to dive to 18m in a buddy pair. You learn the theory of safe diving techniques and complete a minimum of 9 dives, 5 of which will be in shallow water up to 12m progressing to 4 dives up to a depth of 18m. The theory can be completed through a combination of independent study & classroom sessions although there is now the option of completing theory requirements online. The full course can be completed over several weeks or within 6 days. 420 Euro includes all equipment hire, tuition and the PADI materials required by each diver. Price is negotiable for individual tuition or larger groups.
- Advanced Open Water Diver
- A significant milestone in diver development, the completion of this course costing 300 Euro will qualify you to carry out dives up to 30m. Over 3 days you will complete 5 adventure dives which include Deep Dive and Underwater Navigation and any other - 3 from those outlined in the Adventures in Diving Crewpack. This includes the Adventures in Diving Manual, 1 x Slate - Adventures in Diving Multipurpose Data Carrier, 1 x PADI Surface Signal Marker 1 x PADI Emergency Whistle, 1 x PADI Decal.
- Emergency First Response
(You do not have to be a diver to complete this course)
- An internationally recognized course in 2 parts that instructs in the support of life until Emergency Medical Services arrive:
- Primary Care teaches the skills needed to sustain life: Maintaining an open airway, breathing and circulation. Providing CPR. Use of AED. Controlling bleeding. Handling people with spinal injury and treating shock.
- Secondary Care includes the treatment of illness and injury.
- Rescue Diver
(minimum class size of 2 – 370 Euro each, 350 Euro when taken with the EFR course)
- Together with the Emergency First Response course, becoming a Rescue Diver trains you to provide effective & fast support in a wide range of situations. EFR education increases the chances of recovery in case of injury or illness whilst the Rescue Course provides instruction in: approaching and supporting divers in trouble without risk to yourself, search and rescue techniques, recovering divers from underwater and towing them whilst providing rescue breathing.
- Continuing Education
- 'Dive Code' can also offer Specialty Diver courses such as: Night Diver and Underwater Photographer as well as training for divers who wish to become Level 1 Professional Divers at Divemaster and DSD leader level at negotiated prices.